New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - If you have a Macbook 13" 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo *Please Look*

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jacklee

jacklee is on a distinguished road

Listed below are the specs of my laptop
1.83 GHz 13" Intel Core Duo
Version 10.4.9

Apparently the person I purchased my laptop from gave me the wrong osx installation CD's. IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME SPECS ... could you please tell me what it says on your installs cd's. Thank You!
QUOTE Thanks
jacklee

Version 10.4.9

Apparently the person I purchased my laptop from gave me the wrong osx installation CD's. IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME SPECS ... could you please tell me what it says on your installs cd's. Thank You!
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

DoubleCap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklee View Post
Version 10.4.9

Why don't you just ask the seller to give you the PROPER CDs? That way, you don't have to go through this unnecessary hassle.
QUOTE Thanks
jacklee

From a previous thread ...

I've recently purchased a 13" macbook from craigslist. I tried reformatting the hard drive with the Mac OSX Install Disc 1 & 2 included by the seller. I know the CD's are valid because the computer can recognizes them and allows me to choose the language I would like to install OSX in. However, right after I press next a message pops up saying "This software cannot be installed on this computer." I tried contacting the person I purchased the laptop from but he has now vanished in thin air - not picking his cell or replying to my emails. I tried contacting Apple and they stated it wasn't stolen but I need the contact information of the original buyer in order to place an order of receiving the original install CD's.

I hope that answers your question and the search continues .....
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Why don't you just tell them that you can't contact the original owner and since it wasn't stolen, it's technically your machine now.

Worst case scenario, you have to go to eBay and buy the proper set. I think there was a site that sells machine specific install discs, but I can't seem to remember the address...

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
XDIPLOMATICX

XDIPLOMATICX is on a distinguished road

dude i just ordered my OS X install discs from apple today. all i told them was that my operating system was completely wiped out and that i didnt have my operating system discs anymore. they politely placed an order for them and there being shipped right now. and the best thing instead of wasting $60 dollars like i did off of ebay i only paid $34.60 shipped. im not sure what number you called but ill give you the number i called: 800-275-2273.

Just tell them your story that you bought if from somebody else and they should help.

I was actually surprised that they even let me purchase it.
but thats on my MBP though.

And just to let you know i didnt get my MBP new i bought it from a friend that i didnt know any of his information i just told them that i got it from a friend and just stated what AREA he lived in and that was it they let me order them i didnt even have to give them a name or anything
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screem Shoot in JPG | App loading weirdness - Unix exe »