New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

hmmmm. leopard.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AK47

AK47 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD

I don't know, I can't shake this feeling that I liked the look of Tigers layout more than leopards.

For one thing, Leopard is copying vista's clear taskbar/whatever you call the mac version. I think this worked for vista, not for OSX..........
I don't like the new dock either, it looks cheap and not classy like tigers one, although i do like the riflection. why is there no gap between the apps on the dock and the recycle bin? i liked this on tiger.
also, as was said in another thread, if that grassy background is the new default background, then sheesh.

also, anyone got a closer view of what the new apple logo looks like in the top right? seems to me they are attempting to push out aqua blue in place of that metallic mac pro look. this is okay i guess.

Thoughts?

QUOTE Thanks
AK47

AK47 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD

excuse my spelling etc.
QUOTE Thanks
joshbrez

joshbrez will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM

I dunno, I kinda like it. The Menu Bar transparency will probably be configurable (though, perhaps not), but I think it looks pretty cool. And, it makes a certain degree of sense from an interface point of view. It's transparent, I think, so that the user can focus more on the opaque application windows, which is where his or her work is carried out. Thoughts on this?

The Dock modification is completely natural, IMHO. I installed ClearDock because I thought Tiger's Dock looked too tacky, but I think Leopard's is far classier.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

It looks like the icons are setting on a desktop or ledge.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

The new dock gives a more 3D feel, but I like my ClearDock more.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

So far it looks good, though I think going with black may have been a better idea than copying Vista's Aero Glass.

I like how the Dock icons looks like they're sitting on a ledge.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

I am really looking forward to Leopard myself
QUOTE Thanks
BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD

I love the new look! Though I am a bit curious on how the dock will look on the left side, as I've gotten pretty used to it on the left.

Here's a closer look at the Apple logo. It's now black and a bit bigger i think.

I'm also looking forward to "stacks". I think it's an awesome idea.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaPancakes View Post
I love the new look! Though I am a bit curious on how the dock will look on the left side, as I've gotten pretty used to it on the left.
ditto.
maybe a clear background will be a built in option. if not, unsanity will hopefully update cleardock for 10.5 pretty quickly.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Maybe each icon will have a little shelf! (posting from the new Win Safari on VISTA via Boot Camp, works fine so far but makes me feel uneasy)

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
Maybe each icon will have a little shelf! (posting from the new Win Safari on VISTA via Boot Camp, works fine so far but makes me feel uneasy)
does this make you feel any more uneasy?
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (41.1 KB, 239 views)

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
does this make you feel any more uneasy?
O U C H!

I am on Safari 3 on a Dell P4 with 2GB ram. Works very well here. Just trying it out. Now back to my Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Leopard looks like a logical progression from Tigers interface to me. I certainly can't see any Vista-copying there at all. Everything seems a lot more subtle, instead of Vista bashing you over the head with pointless effects.

The Menu bar might become more opaque when you actually click or move to it, which makes sense from a UI point of view, and also goes with the more prominent active window. The Mac UI tends to look confusing with a screen full of windows so I look forward to that bit.

I hope this is a step towards replacing Aqua altogether, these blue things are starting to look naff, IMO.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
dyinginavan

dyinginavan will become famous soon enough

I like it I don't think enough to bother upgrading from Tiger but just at a natural time when it's time for a new machine, I'll definitely like it. I quite like the little ledge the icons are on, looks quite nice and clean.

-Donna.
QUOTE Thanks
MartinS

MartinS is a jewel in the roughMartinS is a jewel in the rough

I've just been looking at some of the new features on http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/features/

I think it looks great. (Although I'm not sure about that coverflow thing for the Finder...)

www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Purpose of both a "Music" and "My Music" folder? | booting slow? »