New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Weird System Preferences Issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scsi_transfer

scsi_transfer is on a distinguished road

I'm a recent pc-mac convert, and i was so excited about ridding myself of silly os errors, yet i get the only mac that sucks. My issue is with the preferences window, not just with system preferences but with any preferences window or any system pop up. it basically isnt redrawing the background to white and uses whatever was there last as the back ground, to see what im talking about look at this photobucket album of my screenshots http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ences%20Issue/
please help! i want to like mac really i do.....but so far it is just a different version of laggy old windows :-/
QUOTE Thanks
noradninja

noradninja is on a distinguished road

First thing is first...

Give me your system specs. Click Apple>About this Mac. then click the More Info button. Then, hit Command (Apple) shift 4 to take a selection screenshot of the main System Profiler window.

Second...

You need to boot your computer off the OS disk that came with it (or a retail copy of OS X). When the installer loads, click Utilities>Disk Utility.
Select your main OS disk/partition in the list. Click the First Aid tab. Run first aid, then do a repair permissions on the drive. Reboot. This SHOULD fix it...I will know more once you get me your system specs. Pls just post image in thread or upload to PhotoBucket or something.
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

DoubleCap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

I would try cleaning your System/Kernal caches. You can do it through programs such as Onyx (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/20070) You should use it anyway.

Load Onyx up, go to "Cleaning", then "Caches", then uncheck Application/Font, and check System/Kernel caches.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem restarting | whoops.. »