New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - USB Overdrive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Simbad54

Simbad54 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro. 2.4Ghz Intel Core Duo running OSX 10.9.3, 8GB Ram

I downloaded the trial of USB Overdrive to see what was up with. Didn't like the look of it so scrapped it with AppDelete. Now my mighty mouse is all screwy. Buttons 3 and 4 no longer do any thing(I had them doing App switcher, and exposé respectively) and my scroll seems to have sped up. Safari pages are also scrolling of their own accord. I've fiddled around in prefs to no avail, restarted, etc. Did USB Overdrive leave some thing knocking around that AppDelete missed perhaps?
S
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 — Tiger and OS 9

Run a Spotlight search for overdrive.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 13in macbook - 10.10.1

Overdrive has an uninstaller because it installs a kext in the system. AppDelete may not have found and uninstalled it completely.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
Simbad54

Simbad54 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro. 2.4Ghz Intel Core Duo running OSX 10.9.3, 8GB Ram

That fixed it. Thanks for the help. So, my faith in AppDelete is shaken somewhat. Guess it's good to do a spotlight just in case.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Removing Software | I know my pw, but what's my admin username? »