New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Process "airport" showing cpu usage over 98%

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Anil_robo

Anil_robo will become famous soon enough

As soon as I start my MacBook (intel 1.83GHz White), there is a process "airport" that shows very high CPU usage (upto 99.9%). The MacBook gets hot, and soon the fan starts running at full speed.

I searched on the internet and have tried the following (but nothing worked):

1. Uninstall "vineserver" (VNC server) via AppDelete
2. Checked if internet sharing is enabled (disabled always)
3. Stopped iTunes sharing
4. Checked login items - no network related login items in my account AFAIK
5. Disabled Quicksilver autostart

More twist to the story: This happens only when I connect to my home network wirelessly (my router is 2wire). When I connect to my friends' networks (many of whom also have the same router), there is no such CPU-hogging process! Can someone please explain this?

After my MacBook started failing to sleep, this is the second major problem I am having.

Someone please help. The MacBook is one of my major investments in my education. I am willing to provide as many details as one could think of. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« plugtmp + msoclip 1 | My iMac will not boot, it trys but.... »