Thread: Leopard

Specs:
    Powerbook G4
    Leopard
    I am debating whether to wait until October to purchase a Mac Pro or to do it in July. Originally my thought was to wait for the Adobe Suite and the new operating system to be released, but now that it was pushed until October I am torn. I read in one of the Mac magazines that it is best to empty your hard drive before installing a new OS. I don't want to deal with that hassle. On the flip side, and correct me if I am wrong, if I purchase the Leopard disc after I have the computer, can't I install it on all of my Macs with the one disc? I know if I purchase a Mac Pro with Leopard installed, I will not be able to install in other machines. Then again, I do not know how good of an idea it is to install Leopard into my Powerbook G4.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWWD View Post
    I read in one of the Mac magazines that it is best to empty your hard drive before installing a new OS.
    To put it bluntly, that is a load of bull. You can upgrade your current OS with no hassle or problems.
    if I purchase the Leopard disc after I have the computer, can't I install it on all of my Macs with the one disc? I know if I purchase a Mac Pro with Leopard installed, I will not be able to install in other machines.
    The OS is licensed for use on one computer. You can purchase a Family Pack License if you plan on installing it on more. The Family Pack allows you to install the OS on up to five (5) computers.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    Powerbook G4
    Yeah that's what I figured. I guess I will get it in July. Thanks.

Thread Information