New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Putting a tigger on g4 350

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

30tooo

30tooo is on a distinguished road

I have just been given a g4 350 and want to put tiger on it . I have a g5 isight with tiger , and was wondering if I could connect my g5 to the g4 with a firewire cable and put the tiger and classic on to the g4 from the g5 .
The g4 only has a cd rom drive , so it will not accept the system discs from the g5 because they are on dvd .

Many thanks Colin
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

The license for your Tiger OS disks only allow you to use the OS on one machine.

While it may in some way be possible, though the way you're talking about is highly unlikely, it would be against forum rules to discuss it, so i'd nix it.

welcome to the forums anyway!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
30tooo

30tooo is on a distinguished road

Ok thanks anyway . If you ask you don't know . I can always get a cd copy of tiger from apple I suppose .
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Yes, you can order Mac OS X Tiger on CD instead of the DVD version.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mount NFS/SMB Shares in Terminal so they appear on Desktop | Folders in Dock Won't Open »