New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.3 - Space bar will not work

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BrewNdrink

BrewNdrink is on a distinguished road

Okay, here is my issue. I teach in the couputer lab at an elementary school.. Ahhh the amazing things that these little kids can do to the computers in here..

I have a computer that the space bar will not work on for one user only... It works on the same computer when logged in as another user... I have changed keyboards just in case.. no luck..

Any ideas?

It is an eMac G4 running 10.3.9

Thanks!
David
QUOTE Thanks
BrewNdrink

Just bumping the post in hopes of another shot at help... Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

copy their data/work onto a cd or external harddrive. create them a new account and put their work back on it.

see if it works.
QUOTE Thanks
BrewNdrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by christm View Post
copy their data/work onto a cd or external harddrive. create them a new account and put their work back on it.

see if it works.
Ya.. That works!.. Thanks for the suggestion... I had actually done that already to get that user back up and running... However, I'm still very interested in how it happened in the first place.. Is it just a glitch, or, is there actually a way to disable certain keys...

Thanks for the reply..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook with Tiger | "rpc.net" is eating up all my memory! »