New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

OMG APPLE ANNOUNCED MAC OS X 10.4 TIGER AND I'M OFF THE WALLS. OMGOMGOGMGGGOGOOMGOM OGOOGMM no more caffeine for me.

Quote:
Apple today announced that CEO Steve Jobs will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote on Monday, June 28, 2004, beginning at 10:00 a.m. PT at San Francisco's Moscone West. This year's keynote will include a preview of "Tiger," the next major release of Mac OS X. "Innovation never sleeps," says Apple on the site. "Preview the highly evolved Mac OS X v10.4 'Tiger.'"
omg OMG!!
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Wow, this is big news! Can't wait to see it!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

very nice

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
dtx3000

how do they always manage to make it better...
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Mac Specs: PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux

There Apple. They have incredible magic!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I'd like to hear what it's going to offer before I get too excited
QUOTE Thanks
WhitE_RabbiT

Ya, I'm quite curious as to what the difference will be. I just ordered my 1.5ghz PowerBook. I'm slightly upset there is a OS update coming soon, but oh well. I guess these updates are just something I will have to get use to.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Hopefully it is 64bit enabled

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitE_RabbiT
Ya, I'm quite curious as to what the difference will be. I just ordered my 1.5ghz PowerBook. I'm slightly upset there is a OS update coming soon, but oh well. I guess these updates are just something I will have to get use to.
Well they just announced it that doesnt mean its ready for shipping or anything...heck there haven't even been any leaks of the betas online yet.

I wouldn't expect this out in 2004

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I would hazard a guess of late 2004, early 2005.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

yeah my guess is early 2005
QUOTE Thanks
nicholas

I think Apple should stop releasing updates so soon, since it's obvious they're just trying to cash in on minor changes. Take Panther for instance, was there really THAT much improvement over Jaguar? Heck no. The itunes-like interface is nicer, the fast user switching is admittedly neat, The OS is supposedly stable, but then so was Jaguar, file vault is buggy so nobody even uses it, anybody who really needs to fax owns a fax machine, and the F9-11 buttons are uselful, but not worth the $100+ to upgrade. Not to mention the fact that constant upgrades make many programs like Norton Systemworks 2003 or Disk Warrior 3.0 unable to boot from the CD. Look at Windows 2000 or Win XP. Those are lasting forever. Apple needs to learn a thing or two from Microsoft when it comes to this.

"Innovation never sleeps?" Please, more like "we're going to add a couple useless tweaks to your OS and make you dish out another Benjamin."
QUOTE Thanks
Absolute Zero

Win2k to WinXP was a $300 move. Was it really worth it?
Oh yeah! Fun fruity colors!
QUOTE Thanks
nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero
Win2k to WinXP was a $300 move. Was it really worth it?
Oh yeah! Fun fruity colors!
Yeah, $300 to move from an OS to another OS that's lasted over 3 years. $100 twice a year with Macs though? Do the math.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
Yeah, $300 to move from an OS to another OS that's lasted over 3 years. $100 twice a year with Macs though? Do the math.
10.1 October 01
10.2 November 02
10.3 September 03

How is that 100 bucks twice a year?

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« apple or pc?! | Definitive answer on Spyware please »