New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - view list

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DoubleCap

DoubleCap will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

how do i make it so the finder's default setting is the list view?
QUOTE Thanks
steven11

steven11 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD

I think you just adjust it in the upper left of the pane then don't reboot for a while. My experience is it always goes back when I reboot.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

when you first open finder from the dock, select list, then close the finder window.

there may be a setting in finder prefs to make sure all finder windows open in list view. but if you do the above, you'll be able to always open finder from the dock and have it be list view.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

anyway to chg it?
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

what?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

This didn't work:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
when you first open finder from the dock, select list, then close the finder window.

there may be a setting in finder prefs to make sure all finder windows open in list view. but if you do the above, you'll be able to always open finder from the dock and have it be list view.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

how are you opening finder?

and are you talking about after you open finder and then double click on other folders? for that, it seems like you need to change every folder individually, but they should keep the setting you move them to.

QUOTE Thanks
remain

remain is a jewel in the roughremain is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz

There is no way to set all folders to List View, unfortunately.

However, if you want a fast way to set a folder to List View,
Command 2 (Apple key 2) is the keyboard shortcut.
QUOTE Thanks
DoubleCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by remain View Post
There is no way to set all folders to List View, unfortunately.

However, if you want a fast way to set a folder to List View,
Command 2 (Apple key 2) is the keyboard shortcut.
This will do just fine, it's nice and quick.

Thanks for the help, all of you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Change What An Image Opens With | Front Row weirdness »