New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Crashed?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

suimpreza16

suimpreza16 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac-- 20" 2.16 ghz, 250 gig HD, 1 gig memory. MBP C2D-- 15" ,2.33 ghz, 200 gig HD, 1.5 memory

Hello,
I currently own a 20" iMac and am trying to figure out what happened. All of a sudden after going to a south park website I opened firefox and it did the thing where the icon bounces once or twice and then just goes away. I then got out of the website tried firefox again and it said something was wrong with a codec... I then tried to reinstall firefox and got a kernel panic... long story short, I've been trying to even get it started and it won't boot up. The farest I can get is to the Mac OS X screen right before I type in my password... any help would be appreciated. BTW, I already switched the memory around and reseated... I have no idea why all of a sudden it crashed.
QUOTE Thanks
suimpreza16

Mac Specs: iMac-- 20" 2.16 ghz, 250 gig HD, 1 gig memory. MBP C2D-- 15" ,2.33 ghz, 200 gig HD, 1.5 memory

bump.... help! please!
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

AnthonyJK will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD

Try starting in safe mode. Hold down shift after the startup chime. Open disk utility (Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility) and repair disk permissions.
QUOTE Thanks
suimpreza16

Thanks for the help Anthony... I took it to an Apple Store and they did some archive restore... it kernel paniced once.. and I'm hoping it won't again
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

AnthonyJK will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD

No problem. Glad you got everything worked out!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mds-crash-state? What's wrong!? | Where is the ' character in the keyboard? »