New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Saved passwords question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I am running 10.4.9 and have noticed in Safari I can pull up and see the login info for various sites but am unable to show passwords. It states it is for "username and passwords" but passwords do not come up. How do I get those to show for me? Reason I ask is because I am switching over to Firefox and I have a lot of those that need to come over. Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
GulfVetSAF

GulfVetSAF will become famous soon enough

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. However, if you want Firefox to save your passwords and such:

FIrefox
Preferences
Security ---> then check off the save passwords box

Let me know if this is what you mean.

Scott
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I might be so totally wrong here but aren't passwords stored in Keychain? Except I dunno how you can retrieve them! DOH!!!

Maybe this could help: Import Existing Data From Safari, Camino, Firefox, RoboForm, and Web Confidential - 1Passwd.

Except it isn't free... :^(
QUOTE Thanks
GulfVetSAF

MHC they can be stored there... however in Firefox it has it's own cache (I believe anyway). I don't know about you but I'm not keen on a browser doing that for me. I do use 1password though; it's a great utility and it's encrypted as well.
QUOTE Thanks
GulfVetSAF

MHC, DOOOH! LOL I didn't read your entire post... lol, I just saw you mentioned 1passwrd as well. Sorry! But, I'll vouche for the program again though!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

ROTFL

Man, looks like 1Passwd is the way to go, then!
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
I might be so totally wrong here but aren't passwords stored in Keychain? Except I dunno how you can retrieve them! DOH!!!

Maybe this could help: Import Existing Data From Safari, Camino, Firefox, RoboForm, and Web Confidential - 1Passwd.

Except it isn't free... :^(
Thanks MHC! I was looking in Safari itself - forgot about Keychain. They are all located there. I am switching over to Firefox and I want to retrieve some
of my passwords that I have forgotten but I was trying in Safari.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Hope it works, Papa!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What's this? | Window Manager »