New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Wrong Time

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Now I've spent most my day looking across the Internet and found nothing, so I will post my dilemma

Basically the Time is an Hour out of Date, it's set to Automatically Update based on time.apple.com but there is a Problem, I can't select the Correct Time Zone.

So it is displaying the Time for GMT rather than BST (GMT +1), now it was working fine up until Saturday when I spotted this.

I have tried so far...

-Resetting the PRAM (I don't even know what that is)
-Removing System Preferences plist
-Using Onyx to Repair and Reset everything

I don't know what else I can do to be honest, bar from Reinstalling but it seems such a harsh step for the time being out of Date by an Hour.

Now I could set it manually but then all the Websites and related Technology provide me with the Wrong Time which is annoying.

Anyone had this problem before?

If it helps I'm running 10.4.9 Intel Core Duo 2 iMac

Cheers

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

What happens if you open date and time from the clock in the menu bar, go to Time Zone, click on Britain somewhere, type in London in case it says Cardiff, hit return and close the window? (It might accept Birmingham.)
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough

Yea I tried that, just doesn't work.

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

You've tried the various choices of timekeepers, under Date & Time?
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
You've tried the various choices of timekeepers, under Date & Time?
Yea neye:

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I just tried it here even though I live in the US with 10.4.9. Set it for London and it worked. Don't know what is going on. First I have ever heard of this issue. Will see what I can find. What time is it there right now if you see this?
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

Sorry I went to play a few games online...

UK Time (BST): 11:00 PM
Time on my Mac: 10:00 PM
Time Zone on my Mac: GMT
Location Selected for my Mac: London - England

Worth noting I tried Lisbon, Dublin, Edinburgh and Cardiff and all came up with GMT as the Time Zone and the Incorrect Time.

Although I think the fact is currently saying GMT is a bit of a fluke as I selected Paris (CEST) then when I selected Cardiff again it still had the Time Zone as CEST.

Hope that Helps.

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG D 04 View Post
Sorry I went to play a few games online...

UK Time (BST): 11:00 PM
Time on my Mac: 10:00 PM
Time Zone on my Mac: GMT
Location Selected for my Mac: London - England

Worth noting I tried Lisbon, Dublin, Edinburgh and Cardiff and all came up with GMT as the Time Zone and the Incorrect Time.

Although I think the fact is currently saying GMT is a bit of a fluke as I selected Paris (CEST) then when I selected Cardiff again it still had the Time Zone as CEST.

Hope that Helps.

On a Windows laptop on a computer call right now. As soon as I get home will check and see what is up with the GMT and get back to you.
QUOTE Thanks
Bluegrass

Bluegrass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display

I have the same issue on both my Macbook Pro and my wife's macbook. All the settings say BST but the actual time shown is GMT. Seems like the apple euroclock is incorrect?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

We have the same problem in Australia with some States putting back daylight saving one week to April 5 and not last Saturday in March. Sure it will all correct itself this Saturday. Any chance you guys have something similar?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .mac won't sync bookmarks | Upgrading from Mac OS X 2.8, HELP! »