New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.2 - Tracking what is typed in

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

amac13

amac13 is on a distinguished road

i've heard that there's a way to see everything that goes on in the computer including history and what keys were typed. Im not talking about looking at the history bar on safari, is there some other way??
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

You would need to purchase a third-party application to do this.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

There is a way surprisingly that I've heard off but that method was used n Windows computers and it's used to Steal Passwords. You not trying to be a naughty boy now are you?

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
amac13

amac13 is on a distinguished road

no, my girlfriend was using my computer and she keeps deleting everything she does. kinda suspicious
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac13 View Post
no, my girlfriend was using my computer and she keeps deleting everything she does. kinda suspicious
When everyone's entitled to a bit of privacy, I don't think spying on here is the way to go. Have you not just asked her?

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

Write a script to copy everything from her Trash elsewhere every minute.
QUOTE Thanks
GulfVetSAF

GulfVetSAF will become famous soon enough

There are a TON of software out there that do this exact thing. There is also hardware (usually a usb key) that records activity as well. Do a simple google search for "key stroke logging" and or "computer monitoring software" You'll be surprised how many there are out there. That is the one of the many reasons I NEVER use a public computer to do anything personal (including chatting).... Cheers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Error Console | RAM is being sucked up.. »