New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Multiple Users Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Medium

Medium is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody, I'm a new mac user and I made a mistake that's been frustrating me and I hope I could get some help from you guys.

I was trying to rename my User name (the one with the house icon) and change the icon. Well I did that and everything seemed to work, but when I restarted the original was back and the computer was using it as the default. So basically I have my computer scattered between two users now, and I was wondering if I need to go into something deeper that I'm not aware of besides renaming the file in the finder to fix this.

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Yea you screwed up good and proper didn't you...lol

As far as I know you can't rename the Username, however do a Search, I'm sure this issue came up recently.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
narf1899

narf1899 is a jewel in the roughnarf1899 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450

u could create a new account, and allow it to administer ur computer...then use that one...and u can drag all of your files from ur old account into the shared folder and access it from the other account...although im sure there is a much easier way to do that.

iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
Powermac G4 dual 450
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Medium.

Changing your user name is not a good idea unless you follow these steps, Mac OS X: How to change user short name or home directory name.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Kernel Panic | Error Code - 1309 »