Specs:
    mac mini 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4, iPod 30Gb.
    Mayor compatability problem/ samsung/ mac mini
    Hey guys, well i'm kind of desperate right now with mi situation. The thing is that I was given a Samsung Miniket as a gift, and I haven't been able to use it whatsoever on mi mac mini. Whenever I drag the videos from the camera onto my desktop and play them, well I can only hear the audio from the original video and am able to see only a white backdrop. Anyway, what i've found out is that the format is .avi but it needs the SEDG codec.... i'm really stumped on this matter, this camera has just been a nightmare... it's supposed to be amazing, but I litteraly can't use it, it's even supposed to be a pretty dandy webcam, but guess what.... it doesn't work either even when i downloaded the USB webcam driver from the apple webpage....

anybody with some advice or solutions would be very useful!!

thanks,

mannie.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/8929p1.html

Check #16 and#28. Someone made a converter!!! Otherwise you Hex Edit the file.

Edit, the URL for the converter was pulled but if you read down farther someone gave the code. It's post #19. Either that or you can HEX edit the header on the AVI file like they suggested.

Vote for a new mayor.

(sorry ... I tried to resist but after about 20 minutes I just gave in)

Specs:
    GREAT..just one thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/8929p1.html

Check #16 and#28. Someone made a converter!!! Otherwise you Hex Edit the file.

Edit, the URL for the converter was pulled but if you read down farther someone gave the code. It's post #19. Either that or you can HEX edit the header on the AVI file like they suggested.
    Hey thanks, I actually did end up in that web page, but the whole tech language thing confused me.... so now, i found the code you told me...but, im reeeally not sure where to insert it so that the vids work... let me see what i can do, but i f you happen to know...it would be great if you told me!!! Thanks so much!!

mannie.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by mannie gdl View Post
    Hey thanks, I actually did end up in that web page, but the whole tech language thing confused me.... so now, i found the code you told me...but, im reeeally not sure where to insert it so that the vids work... let me see what i can do, but i f you happen to know...it would be great if you told me!!! Thanks so much!!

mannie.
    That code in that one message has to be complied into a script. I will this evening see if I can do that for you. The only other way is to HEX edit the movie itself and change the headers. I will get back to you later this evening.

Specs:
    thanks so much man... its pretty hard to find good orientation sometimes, on the dime!! thanks...

mannie.

Specs:
    BUMP.... anybody got a clue? :S

Thread Information