Mac doesn't turn on - kernel panic
    Hello everyone!
    The thing is i was working with my macbook connected to the network and then i accidentaly pulled the cable so that it disconnected from the macbook and the macbook turned off. But now when i try to turn it on a message appears:

You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power Buttin for several seconds or press the restart button.

So i'm holding down the power button (simply cause i have no idea where the restart button is) and it turns off. And when i try to turn it on the same message appears... =(((

sos =))))

try this.

remove the power cord and battery.
    hold down the power button for about 5-10 sec and then release.
    replace the battery.
    replace the power cord (and make sure there is no debris/obstructions in the end of the cord or in the power port). and make sure if you blow something off that you don't get a little spit on the connections.

also you may want to check the battery by pressing the small flush button on it's bottom (when installed). 1 to 4 green lights (or 5, can't remember, and don't have it with me) should light up for a moment. this is what you want to see. if no lights light up, you may have a bum battery or power unit in the macbook.

momentarily press the power button and see if the macbook starts up.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Well it does start up but after a few seconds when the apple logo appears the message
    "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power Buttin for several seconds or press the restart button."
    still pops up and i can do absolutely nothing about it =(

well then, i have two more questions.

when did you purchase it?
    and
    do you have applecare?

you may be able to do the hardware test yourself if you have the disks that came with the macbook.
    link to the doc on apple's site to do this: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303081
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

i purchased it about 2 weeks ago and of course i have applecare, i just hoped i would be able to solve this myself =) the service centre will only be open on monday and i'm really missing my macbook already =) i've done the hardware test and it said there was nothing wrong so i suppose something must have happened to the operating system.

well in that case, you can also try to reinstall from those disks.

Thread Information