Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    yogi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 14, 2005
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,078
    Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    Yogi deleted his Desktop
    Ok guys I screwed up - I couldn't find an answer and I'm bummed.

    I accidentally chucked out my Desktop folder and after I restored it, the icon was gone and the Desktop didn't show the contents of my Desktop folder anymore. How do I tell Mac OS X where my Desktop folder is?

    Help appreciated as usual,

    cheers
    yogi
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Mar 11, 2004
    Posts
    1,964
    I think I could duplicate mine if I boot into 9 (it won't let me while I'm in X). I could email it Zipped, so you'd at least have the icon. There's probably stuff (technical term) the folder needs that might go along with it. Your pathways, though, would be different, but it might adapt, like the Borg.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Mar 11, 2004
    Posts
    1,964
    OS 9 won't duplicate the icon.

  4. #4

    PowerBookG4's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    Ok guys I screwed up - I couldn't find an answer and I'm bummed.

    I accidentally chucked out my Desktop folder and after I restored it, the icon was gone and the Desktop didn't show the contents of my Desktop folder anymore. How do I tell Mac OS X where my Desktop folder is?

    Help appreciated as usual,

    cheers
    yogi
    Create a new user account and transfer your settings and files to it, then delete the old one.
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

  5. #5

    yogi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 14, 2005
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,078
    Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    Hm.

    Ok I think that's a good idea. I always wanted to have a proper user name, anyway. "Yogi" looks so unprofessional in front of your professor.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

  6. #6

    MartinS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 02, 2006
    Location
    Bournville, UK
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    Hm.

    Ok I think that's a good idea. I always wanted to have a proper user name, anyway. "Yogi" looks so unprofessional in front of your professor.
    Maybe, but I bet you're smarter than the average bear...
    www.martinsketchley.co.uk

    2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
    Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro

  7. #7

    yogi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 14, 2005
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,078
    Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    Lol.

    Recently I've started using my real name wherever possible. It makes me more transparent to everyone. I've learned to be proud of who I am. I don't hide my photo on my blog, either.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

  8. #8

    RiDE's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 13, 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,570
    Specs:
    Mac's
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    Lol.

    Recently I've started using my real name wherever possible. It makes me more transparent to everyone. I've learned to be proud of who I am. I don't hide my photo on my blog, either.
    Nor in your avatar right yogi... errr.... Steve.

  9. #9

    yogi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 14, 2005
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,078
    Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    Well I chose not to change that because peopel recognize me here with that - I'd be SO confused seeing you without the Hobbes-Tiger.

    BTW, no name change for me - a simple Finder relaunch solved the issue.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

  10. #10

    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,981
    Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    Well I chose not to change that because peopel recognize me here with that - I'd be SO confused seeing you without the Hobbes-Tiger.

    BTW, no name change for me - a simple Finder relaunch solved the issue.
    Very cool. Glad you got it working. Will have to remember that in case I mess up someday!

    Agreed on the Jobs icon. That is you here at Mac Forums!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-28-2014, 08:01 AM
  2. My Desktop Was Deleted
    By Kurosake in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:25 AM
  3. Desktop DELETED!!!, Desktop DELETED!!!
    By jazzhill in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 01:48 PM
  4. I may have deleted my desktop?
    By isaachayes in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
  5. Can't Deleted Files On My Desktop!
    By bellastrada in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 04:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •