New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Removing apps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zootop

zootop is on a distinguished road

Hi,

can someone explain the proper procedure for removing applications. I'm having trouble with MS Office for Mac, and I'd like to remove it and reinstall it.

Also, will reinstalling it on the same computer use up one of my 3 licences ?

Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks
symondavis

symondavis has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

Drag the App to the Trash can. job done.

No too sure about the user lisecences tho! (hahahah I cant spell licenceses)

On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Easy way - Open finder to your applications folder, click, drag and drop MS Office on the trash can - the app is gone

Other easy way - Install AppDelete - don't remember now, but I think it automatically puts itself in the dock, but if not just drag it there from your apps folder. Then drag and drop MS Office onto the AppDelete icon in the dock, it will remove the app and look for other associated files and folders and place them all in the trash where you can then empty the trash or restore the application.

You will still be able to install legally onto 2 other machines.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
.:ren:.

.:ren:. is on a distinguished road

download appzapper and use that. open appzapper then drag the app u wanna delete into appzapper and zap it. pm me if you need serials. i have on extra on offer for free.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

For the sake of eliminating confusion:

- Moving the app to the Trash is the normal Mac way to uninstall Apps.
- Using an application such as AppDelete or AppZapper only helps in removing any preference files and settings that Apps leave behind. These files usually amount to nothign more than a few Kilobytes.

If you're experiencing problems with your Office installation, I suggest using one of the mentioned apps, in order ot make sure you clean out every bit.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
Richie_Gecko

Richie_Gecko is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:ren:. View Post
download appzapper and use that. open appzapper then drag the app u wanna delete into appzapper and zap it. pm me if you need serials. i have on extra on offer for free.
When I delete an app, I want every trace of it off my computer. I use AppZapper, and it works like a charm.

As Yogi mentioned, if Office is giving you problems, it's probably best if you use AppZapper, AppDelete, or some other program that will delete all traces of the application.

Mac: White MacBook; 2.0 Core Duo; 2GB RAM; 100GB 7200 RPM; 20" Cinema Display
PC: 64 x2 Dual Core 5200+, 2 GB RAM, 320GB 7200RPM SATA, GeForce 7600GT 128MB
Car: 2008 Toyota Prius w/ Lots of Goodies
On the Internets: Flickr | My Site
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wierd Screen Issue | Gadget Font »