Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System Issue

Specs:
    2013 Macbook Air SSD
    Lightbulb System Issue
    I don't know if anyone has ever seen anything like this before I know I sure haven't but my mac has been acting very strange it is hard to explain but if you take a look at these snapshots that I have taken I think it will explain everything. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...7/Screenshots/

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    It tells me I have to login as you to see those pictures.

Specs:
    2013 Macbook Air SSD
    Sorry about that, I forgot I had the album sharing set to private go to this link it should work now. I will change it in the other post too. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...7/Screenshots/

Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    hmm.. did you restart your computer... does it continue to happen after a restart?
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

Specs:
    2013 Macbook Air SSD
    Yes, even after a restart it still happens. Don't know what it could be. Very strange.

Specs:
    G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
    First thing I would do is a Disk Repair from your Installation Disk.
    If you still have further issues, please post again at this Thread.
    "Do all the good you can... In all the ways you can... In all the places you can... At all the times you can... To all the people you can... As long as you ever can..." ~ Rules of Conduct

MacHeadCase
    Welcome here, drumkey87.

If johntallin's tip doesn't work, I would download MainMenu and run all the Rebuild tasks first and then the Cleaning tasks (deep cleaning for the System). After the cleaning tasks you'll have to restart: don't worry if you find the restart is taking a bit longer than usual, the system will be rebuilding its cache from scratch.

If things aren't back to normal, I would insert the CD (or DVD) containing Apple's Hardware Test restart holding down the D key and run the test in extended mode. This will check all your hardware components, including RAM and video card (my guess is that it'll be able to check Intel's on board video chip, the GMA 950 graphics processor).

Either way, report back your findings and we'll see what is to be done. Good luck! :girl:

Specs:
    2013 Macbook Air SSD
    Thanks for your help! I will let you know.

Specs:
    2013 Macbook Air SSD
    Ok, so I totally erased my hard drive because I cloned it on an external hard drive with Superduper so I booted off my external drive and then recloned my drive back with Superduper and I am still having the same problem! :-( I guess I'm just gonna have to live with it. By the way johntalian as you said before about doing a disk repair from the installation disc how do I do that?

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    If the problem is software, then cloning your system and then restoring the clone will not work. All you did was restore your system on a clean disk. If you are thinking your os maybe corrupt. The do a fresh install and add back the items in your personal folder one item at a time until you have restored everything. This way you should be able to find out what is causing the problem if it is a corrupted os.

So before you go to much farer. Did you add or make changes to your system before the problem appeared?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    2013 Macbook Air SSD
    what do you mean by adding or making changes to the system before the problem appeared?

Download Applejack. It's a great utility & might be able to fix your problem.

Specs:
    2013 Macbook Air SSD
    I tried downloading Applejack but I cant figure it out I dont see the script for it or anything. I'm still having issues with my system I don't know what could possibly be wrong I might just have to get a new mac

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    The pictures you have there are typical of a video card when it is having a problem refreshing the screen.

My first question is whether this begins immediately after a re-boot or does it take a period of time?

Am relative newb to the Mac, so my approach to tech is still based on my experience with the other side. Because of all the items I noticed in the dock, there are 2 things I would suggest - get as much of that stuff out of the dock as you can - you can always put it back. Next I would check to see what all programs you have loading at startup. Go into System Preferences, Accounts, Login Items. Would try getting rid of everything at login, reboot and see what happens. If the problem disappears you can put them back a few at a time until the issue re-occurs.

The above type of items work on occasion. Most often it is a matter of a corrupted driver. In windows it can sometimes be fixed by removing and re-installing the video driver. Other times I have seen it require a fresh install of the OS. And on occasion it was the card in it's death throes.

I don't have a clue if the video driver can be removed and have the system boot with just a basic VGA driver and then re-install the card's driver with a Mac system or not. If anyone knows about this, feel free to jump in.

You could also boot with your original disc and run the hardware test.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    2013 Macbook Air SSD
    Thank you for your help, I will try that and post back and let you know.

Thread Information