New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS X on xp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bigmof

bigmof is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!

Is there any way I can run any sort of interactive OS X demo on my PC running XP? I know there probably is not, but that would be sweet!
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Go to an apple store and try it out. The only easy and free thing I could reccomend that would be anything like OSX is kubuntu. I reeeeeeally would reccomend against that unless you know your way around your pc and what hardware is in it. I've played with unbuntu a bit, but you'll most likely be manually installing device drivers through the terminal unless you're lucky enough for it to find them or kubuntu isn't just a different interface like it says.

They do have a very large support forum, so if you have experience and and you're feeling like something new, go for it.

you may end up having to reformat your drive, so keep it in mind that if you have any information you want to keep, back it up.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

There is Pear PC or Cherry OS, though I really wouldn't recommend either.
Your best bet is to simply try out the Mac OS on a real Mac at an Apple Store/Retailer.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Actually DB, drunkenbatman had posted about the CherryOS scam in his blog, The pits in CherryOS, Deconstructing Maui X-Stream. Very long read but well worth it 'cause it reads like a detective story.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Actually DB, drunkenbatman had posted about the CherryOS scam in his blog, The pits in CherryOS, Deconstructing Maui X-Stream. Very long read but well worth it 'cause it reads like a detective story.
Which is why I really woulnd't recommend it. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Gotcha loud and clear. I wouldn't either.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac Problem | Lost Screen Resolutions? »