Thread: OS X on xp

Specs:
    Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
    OS X on xp
    Is there any way I can run any sort of interactive OS X demo on my PC running XP? I know there probably is not, but that would be sweet!

Specs:
    Sooper Fast!
    Go to an apple store and try it out. The only easy and free thing I could reccomend that would be anything like OSX is kubuntu. I reeeeeeally would reccomend against that unless you know your way around your pc and what hardware is in it. I've played with unbuntu a bit, but you'll most likely be manually installing device drivers through the terminal unless you're lucky enough for it to find them or kubuntu isn't just a different interface like it says.

They do have a very large support forum, so if you have experience and and you're feeling like something new, go for it.

you may end up having to reformat your drive, so keep it in mind that if you have any information you want to keep, back it up.

Specs:
    MacBook
    There is Pear PC or Cherry OS, though I really wouldn't recommend either.
    Your best bet is to simply try out the Mac OS on a real Mac at an Apple Store/Retailer.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

MacHeadCase
    Actually DB, drunkenbatman had posted about the CherryOS scam in his blog, The pits in CherryOS, Deconstructing Maui X-Stream. Very long read but well worth it 'cause it reads like a detective story.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
    Actually DB, drunkenbatman had posted about the CherryOS scam in his blog, The pits in CherryOS, Deconstructing Maui X-Stream. Very long read but well worth it 'cause it reads like a detective story.
    Which is why I really woulnd't recommend it. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

MacHeadCase
    Wink
    Gotcha loud and clear. I wouldn't either.

Thread Information