New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Who's still going to wait?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
flilow06

 
flilow06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 20, 2007
Location: Miami
Posts: 255
flilow06 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!

flilow06 is offline
"We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October."

October is a long way to go. Who's still going to wait? And whose plans have changed?

I'm a little confused myself now...
QUOTE Thanks
Osiris22x

 
Osiris22x's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 25, 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 475
Osiris22x will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)

Osiris22x is offline
I think the only people who's plans have changed are those waiting on Leopard in terms of buying new hardware. I really couldn't care less about Leopard being delayed, Tiger runs beautifully for me.

Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

 
PapaNoHair's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,180
PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

PapaNoHair is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by flilow06 View Post
"We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October."

October is a long way to go. Who's still going to wait? And whose plans have changed?

I'm a little confused myself now...
I had already decided not to wait and picked up a (less then half price) copy of Tiger from yourmacstore.com.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

 
mac57's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 29, 2006
Location: St. Somewhere
Posts: 4,560
mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

mac57 is offline
I think I will continue to defer my decision to buy a MacBook Pro for now. I don't REALLY need it, and I wanted Leopard on it. Sigh...

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

 
knightlie's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 22, 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,463
knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

knightlie is offline
I planned on waiting for 10.5.1 anyway before upgrading, and I probably still will. Unless there is something seriously big in Leopard that I need or want then there won't be any reason to jump in. If I were buying a Mac now then I'd wait until June to see if the rumoured new iMacs appear, but Leopard wouldn't bother me enough to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
narf1899

 
narf1899's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 05, 2007
Posts: 465
narf1899 is a jewel in the roughnarf1899 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450

narf1899 is offline
i dont really see why so many people are waiting....it only costs like 100 bucks anyway. wud u be parted from ur mac for 6 months if somebody gave u $100!?
im not even sure i want leopard. Time machine destroys the whole point of the trash. why delete anything if its not really being deleted?? iChat's new features are cool but useless. I already have like 10 webclip widgets using DashClipping, and find absolutely no need for spaces. for me, Tiger is just fine.
p.s. i also like the brushed metal theme! im not ready to part with that!!

iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
Powermac G4 dual 450
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

 
Member Since: Jan 27, 2007
Location: *Brisvegas*
Posts: 5,658
the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

the8thark is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by narf1899 View Post
p.s. i also like the brushed metal theme! im not ready to part with that!!
I felt the same way when I was compemplating upgrading my old mac from Jaguar to Panther. I really liked 10.2's UI. I still like it in some ways compared to the 10.3/10.4 one. But I changed over and I never looked back. It looks great. It's just different, that's all. And I think the Tiger UI will be different too.
QUOTE Thanks
MaDDoG

 
MaDDoG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 01, 2007
Location: Oz.....near the Wizards home
Posts: 1,918
MaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really niceMaDDoG is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D

MaDDoG is offline
I was waiting...couldn't wait any longer and now I have MBP with Tiger which is so far above the Windows PC I was using that the switch was easy. Being an early adopter i will get Leopard in October, but until then TIGER RULES

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
MaDDoG's Photo Gallery - http://mcarfa.smugmug.com/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Mac Getting Slow | BIZARRE IDEA!?? Mac OSX for Powerbook G3 »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Buy now or wait?? cvzyl Apple Notebooks 12 04-20-2007 05:39 AM
should i wait.... bigmof Switcher Hangout 1 03-26-2007 07:14 PM
MacBook Pro - To wait or not to wait? Spicky Apple Notebooks 29 05-15-2006 12:29 AM
Should I wait untill intel chips hit to switch? Abrodzinski Apple Desktops 9 02-01-2006 07:15 AM
To wait or not to wait Everett Apple Notebooks 4 12-26-2005 12:15 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?