New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Links on the computer's desktops in the Apple Store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

austing

austing is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PB 15" 1.33ghz 512mb 80gb iPod 5G White

I was wondering how the computer in the apple store have those links on the desktop (screenshot included) I would like to put those on my desktop for quick links to stuff.

QUOTE Thanks
gomez1018

gomez1018 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram

i second this question
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

It is some sort of widget that they programmed themselves.

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austing View Post
I was wondering how the computer in the apple store have those links on the desktop (screenshot included) I would like to put those on my desktop for quick links to stuff.

Image Removed
I have always wondered that myself. Did you go to the apple store just to get a screen shot of it?

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Pretty sure trpnmonkey is right. Apple Stores have the program that they put on the floor models.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

AnthonyJK will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD

I know on windows you can set your background to an Html file. I kinda miss that feature
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41 View Post
It is some sort of widget that they programmed themselves.
That sounds like a M$ trick. We want it. Apple should give it to us. I always wonder about it too when I'm in the Apple Store but never asked them.
QUOTE Thanks
austing

hahah ya i've asked so many times but there like i have noo idea. ya it reminds me of the html desktop used on windows, ahh i want this on my desktop so bad.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

TUAW had a nice article on this:

http://www.tuaw.com/2006/10/06/apple...-your-own-mac/

This is the app they suggest using:
http://www.jonn8.com/docktop/
QUOTE Thanks
austing

I downloaded docktop so i'm going to check that out. but i couldn't find the concierge thing for the desktop or w.e it is. anyone have a link or more information on it?

Also i got docktop working and everything but i forgot the default command to bring the prefs up.
could anyone tell me those please.
QUOTE Thanks
austing

nvm i found everything out.

docktop is pretty much the same apple uses but you can't get the rounded square bezel look like apple, but i wonder if apple really uses this exact program. i'll have to check next time i go in.

thank you very much munich for those helpful links!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 10.4.9 combo update | Lost color profile! »