Finder CPU Usage

Specs:
    Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
    Finder CPU Usage
    My fans starting spinning up like crazy and I couldn't figure out why b/c I was only running Firefox and Mail. So I opened up Activity Monitor and found that FINDER was running my CPU at 195%!!! I have no idea why it was doing that, but I had to quit FINDER and then start it again.

Can anybody explain this? I'm not exactly sure what FINDER does, but I know it's always open when using the Mac. I wasn't using it for anything. I wasn't looking through folders or searching my HDD. Just using Firefox and Mail.

Finder CPU Usage
    Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    Quote Originally Posted by fasheezy View Post
    My fans starting spinning up like crazy and I couldn't figure out why b/c I was only running Firefox and Mail. So I opened up Activity Monitor and found that FINDER was running my CPU at 195%!!! I have no idea why it was doing that, but I had to quit FINDER and then start it again.

Can anybody explain this? I'm not exactly sure what FINDER does, but I know it's always open when using the Mac. I wasn't using it for anything. I wasn't looking through folders or searching my HDD. Just using Firefox and Mail.
    Are you perhaps connected to a network with a share on your hard drive that people can download from? It's possible there were lots of uploads going on at once or some mean fools even decided to stream off your computer if that's the case.

Thread Information