What manner will current user upgrade to Leopard
    How will Leopard be available to current Mac users? Will we purchase an upgrade download? Will it completely overwrite Tiger? or will it simply be the next download through 'Software Update' on the Mac? Will it be necessary to purchase it in the box in order to have an install disk? Stupid questions probably, but I've never done a new operating system on any computer before. Thanks for the help.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by farmcock View Post
    How will Leopard be available to current Mac users? Will we purchase an upgrade download? Will it completely overwrite Tiger? or will it simply be the next download through 'Software Update' on the Mac? Will it be necessary to purchase it in the box in order to have an install disk? Stupid questions probably, but I've never done a new operating system on any computer before. Thanks for the help.
    No one but Apple knows for sure, but based on past experience, I would say...

1. Leopard will not be a free upgrade unless you purchased your Mac right before it is released.

2. You will need to buy a boxed copy, it will not be available for download or through Software Updates.

3. You will need to have the CD to upgrade Tiger to Leopard.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 7+, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    Yes, in a nutshell, Leopard is a full operating system you buy (not just an upgrade) in a box that contains an install disc. This will not lose your data, it will only overwrite the core of the system, the OS itself - not your own files.

The new version will probably cost around $90-$100.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    If we look at the pass upgrades as sugggest. Then 10.5 will be available as a full installation on DVDs and the cost should be around $129.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information