New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Updating to Leopard?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

netlover

netlover is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, OS X Leopard

Supposing I purchase a Macbook soon and it has Tiger installed on it. Few months later, Leopard is released. Will I be able to update to Leopard using that same Macbook (2.0 GHZ White) or will I have to buy a new laptop (I hope not though).
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Yes, you can purchase the new OS at any time after its release and install it on your current MacBook. There would be no need to purchase a new machine.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

tons of people have to go out and upgrade/buy new computers to run vista. Mac's are just not like that.. as DB said you will just have to buy Leopard and install it.. very simple, very quick!

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
netlover

netlover is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, OS X Leopard

Thats good to know. Thanks for the info.
QUOTE Thanks
Cherokee

Cherokee is a jewel in the roughCherokee is a jewel in the rough

Are there any concerns with only having 64Mb of shared video RAM?
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Nope.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing Tiger on a G4 | Please help! G3 running panther stops at "Login window starting" »