New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Macbook - Screenshot

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dg.dave

dg.dave is on a distinguished road

Hi, can anyone help me telling me how can i take screenshots wit my Macbook, specially when im playing video games (like WoW or Warcraft III)?
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

apple-shift-3

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Searching the forum will provide you with many answers, including this sticky thread:

Often forgot screenshot method...

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Look in the game settings, some games, I know WoW does, has a specific key set up for screen shots.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

NOTE: Not a hardware issue. Moving to proper software forum

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - iPhone

with WoW on a mac it is F13

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
and long ago converted most of her flesh into liquid.
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
MartinS

MartinS is a jewel in the roughMartinS is a jewel in the rough

I use a handy widget called screenshot plus. Search for it on the Apple website.

www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Shift+Command+3 = screenshot

Shift+Command+4 = crosshair to select user defined area.

Shift+Command+4 ... then hit the spacebar, then click the mouse = camera icon appears. Move it over any icon, window or image to take a screenshot and then click.
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Pulse, OMG !!! That's brilliant! Never knew the camera thing! I'm .... gawd I'm gonna explode.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

You're having me on ... yogi!
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

BTW, I couldn't rep you for that post because I have to spread some before I give you again...

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8 View Post
Shift+Command+3 = screenshot

Shift+Command+4 = crosshair to select user defined area.

Shift+Command+4 ... then hit the spacebar, then click the mouse = camera icon appears. Move it over any icon, window or image to take a screenshot and then click.
wow! camera!

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

...and don't forget that Preview will also take screen and/or window shots. Start up Preview and Select File -> Grab. It will even take a timed sequence of screen shots. Pretty neat.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
kurt

kurt is on a distinguished road

I heard the shutter click when I captured my screen shot, but neither control V nor paste seem to place it in my Pages document.
QUOTE Thanks
jasonrhodes

jasonrhodes is on a distinguished road

kurt --

You're probably long gone but others searching for this answer may want to know. When Macs take a screenshot they don't copy it to the clipboard, they just save it as a .png on your desktop.

You can copy to clipboard by adding the "Control" button to any of the above button combinations. (ie Cmd + Ctrl + 3)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Migration | Funky screens in between screens? »