New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Every image I scroll over is magnified - "Zoom" is off, what's the problem?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

terrapin

terrapin is on a distinguished road

For instance, if I hover over the Apple logo, it magnifies that - it magnified the icons on my desktop, search bars, etc. It happened after I was stuck in a slideshow and I stupidly pressed a million buttons on my keyboard. I looked for a remedy, but the only thing I could find was 'Zoom' - which says it's off and I tried changing it back and forth with no success. What's the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, terrapin! Sounds like maybe you have accidentally turned on the Universal Access...

Go to your System Preferences and check out the Universal Access pane and see if the Seeing settings are like in the screengrab below... If you mean the Zoom in that setting is off, well you might have set off something else in the settings...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Universal_access.jpg (53.6 KB, 6 views)
QUOTE Thanks
terrapin

terrapin is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the response!

However, my settings look just like that. Zoom is off, but it keeps magnifying!
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're seeing. Which Apple logo? The one at the top left? Also, does the whole screen zoom in or is it just the single icon magnifying like the dock?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Can you upload a screen capture in your reply's attachment button?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX appearance | Deleted Documents Folder »