New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Very stupid me.. any way to undelete messages from mail?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

emery

emery is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody.

first off: I think it's great there are people who are willing to spend their time on helping people like me with their computer problems, thanks!

Here's my problem: I (accidentally) deleted one of the mailboxes in the ''mail'' application. The mailbox was named ''Gmail'' and that's the mailbox I deleted. I didn't mean to delete this mailbox but it did happen...

Is there any way I can recover the deleted e-mails from the Gmail mailbox?

It would be so great if you guys could help me get my old e-mails back somehow.

Thanks so much, Emery.
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Check with gmail on google and they should have a copy of your mail if you have it set up that way.
QUOTE Thanks
narf1899

narf1899 is a jewel in the roughnarf1899 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450

and to prevent this from happening u can un-check the box that says "move deleted messages to trash" in mail>preferences>accounts>mailbox behaviors.

iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
Powermac G4 dual 450
QUOTE Thanks
emery

emery is on a distinguished road

Carol247,

I have this option set for the Gmail e-mails I recieve but the mailbox I deleted also contained old pre-Gmail emails...

Is there any way I can undelete these files somehow and get them back? Anybody know a good data recovery program that works?

All help is greatly appreciated!

Emery
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

you can "re-pop" the gmail messages to your computer.

as for the pre-non-gmail stuff, your sol.

go into gmail website, pref, and pop/forwarding. should be something like, "allow for all mail."

itll pop all the mail in gmail to your mac

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Oh, sorry I have to agree with kgeier82 on the pre-non-gmail stuff. I don't think there's a way to retrieve those unless someone more knowledgable than I might know a way. I checked my "missing manual" and nothing is said about a deleted mailbox that I could find. Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Yahoo Sports Movies not working | I chat AV camera effects »