Is there a speakable command for 'sleep'?
    I would like to find a command to say to Mac OS so it can go to sleep. Anyone know it. If not, can someone please tell me how to make it into a speakable command?

Can I ask which Mac you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse-8 View Post
    Can I ask which Mac you have?
    I have a Macbook Pro. Does that really have any effect on it? I just bought. I never had a Mac with Mac OS before.

How I wish! I have a G4 Quicksilver and "sleep" is not listed in the commands I can use. With mine I click on Preferences, Speech, Speech Recognition, Open Speech Items Folder. I didn't realize it changed with the Mac being run, but I guess that makes sense, i.e., something newer would have more spoken commands, etc.

That is not nice. Why would there not be a command to make the OS go into sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    How I wish! I have a G4 Quicksilver and "sleep" is not listed in the commands I can use. With mine I click on Preferences, Speech, Speech Recognition, Open Speech Items Folder. I didn't realize it changed with the Mac being run, but I guess that makes sense, i.e., something newer would have more spoken commands, etc.
    Do you have Linux on your system with Mac OS on it too? I want to do this, but I am wondering if it is even possible. I know it is possible with Windows. I want Mac OS, Windows, and Ubuntu on my system with Boot Camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    Do you have Linux on your system with Mac OS on it too? I want to do this, but I am wondering if it is even possible. I know it is possible with Windows. I want Mac OS, Windows, and Ubuntu on my system with Boot Camp.
    No I don't - I switched completely over to Mac but it can be done. I don't know all of the ones that you can dual boot with but Ubuntu and Yellow Dog Linux are two that can be loaded with Mac. Not sure how to do three but I would guess Windows would have to be installed first (this was a necessity with just Windows and Linux), then Mac then Linux. Linux will then give you a boot option at bootup as to which system you want to boot into. My suggestion would be to go to the Linux forum of the system you choose and I would bet someone there has already done it and can save you lots of mistake time. After you do this I would like to heard how it all came out.

Thread Information