New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Leopard, iLife, etc - what would you like to see?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MartinS

MartinS is a jewel in the roughMartinS is a jewel in the rough

To kick things off...

I like the look of Spaces, but am wondering if it'll be possible to have the same application open in different Spaces. The "sneak peak" on the Apple website doesn't seem to indicate this will be so, as it says you can click on the Dock icon to go to the Space in which a particular application is open. That'd be a shame, as I use some apps, such as Scrivener, for different projects that I'm working on at the same time.

Lots of new icons and eye candy in general.

An update to Automator.

www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

You can only have one instance of an app open, even when using Spaces.

I'd like to see better Finder FTP integration, Finder able to disconnect gracefully from a networked drive, better Preview integration with Finder, more advanced Slideshow features, and drop the brushed metal.

New Front Row interface, similar to iTV's.

Eye candy can stay the same as far as I'm concerned, it's already pretty, any more and it might just get obnoxious.

Time Machine able to use a single partition of a drive, rather than the entire thing.

Tabbed Finder and Terminal.

That's about it...

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

PERFORMANCE! I want to see performance enhancements. Faster results on the same hardware through software optimizations. This would fly completely in the face of Microsoft's "more bloat" approach to software. Imagine the marketing Apple could do if Leopard ran faster and smaller than its predecessor while doing more! It would be perfect.

Meantime, I am a speed freak anyway, always looking for ways to make my machine run faster. An OS upgrade that helped would be wonderful.

Perhaps going 64 bit may help as well in this regard, but I have been conditioned to expect that this will not be the case.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
MartinS

MartinS is a jewel in the roughMartinS is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95 View Post
You can only have one instance of an app open, even when using Spaces.
Yes, that makes sense when you say it like that. I guess what I mean is having different documents open in different Spaces...

www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What OS X can do? | USB memory stick »