New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Is this what they call an Easter Egg?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

G'day all,

I just discovered a lil' treat or maybe an Easter Egg - I'm not sure if it's a well know feature or not ...

I was checking System Preferences and went into a section ... say Dock for example ... well I pressed the key combo of Shift+Option+8 ... don't know why ... but I did and the Sys Prefs window suddenly melted from the Dock prefs back to the main window and the cursor was placed in the Search field box at the top right ....

If you just press Shift+8 ... Or Option+8 the same thing happens but it's a bit quicker, so this is probably just a standard Keyboard Shortcut ...
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Do that again, and this time look in the box. Shift+Option+8 is the key combo for . you just typed that into the search box.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

Yeah StretchR, I left that part out. I like how the Sys Prefs section goes dim to put the attention on the Search Box.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Nope not really. It's just what happens when you type something in the search box and the Shift key slows down OS X animations. Those two combined give you that.

QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

What's REALLY cool is when you hold Control+Option+Command+8. Pressing it again returns you to your normal screen. :yinyang:

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines View Post
Nope not really. It's just what happens when you type something in the search box and the Shift key slows down OS X animations. Those two combined give you that.
yeah, similar to shift+F12 giving you super slow widget animations.

QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

I didn't type anything, just was looking at my Desktop Prefs and don't recall why I pressed that key combo...but I did and dug the melting effect.

I really just wondered if many people would have known that the System Prefs could do that transition effect...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Server 2003 upgrade woes file associations w/OS X Mac | partition »