View Poll Results:

0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%

17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook
    Tiger now or wait for Leopard?
    OK, here's the score: I've convinced the IT guys at work to let me have a Mac (yay!) which pleases me no end as I already use an iMac at home. So, do I just get on and order my shiny new Mac now or do I wait a while longer until Leopard is released? I don't *need* the Mac yet but I certainly *want* it!!! As it's a work purchase, work would pay for an upgrade to Leopard but are there problems installing an updated OS over the old one?

There shouldn't be any problems whatsoever for whenever you choose to upgrade to a new OS. I will be waiting for a while after Leopard comes out to upgrade simply because I believe the longer it's out on the shelf the more stable it becomse. I will probably wait a couple of months to upgrade.

I would just get the Mac now. I had the chance of waiting for the C2D processors to come out, but I wanted my Mac asap so I settled for CD, seems just as good to me.

EDIT: Reason I voted for waiting was because I didn't realize you haven't had a Mac yet, I know my vote goes against completely everything I posted. Just get the Mac and wait a few months after Leopard comes out to upgrade.

Denver Colorado
    2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
    there is a good chance leopard will only be $129. I would rather have tiger now and upgrade than wait for a month or two and have nothing.

my vote goes to "Stop procrastinating - get on to the Apple Store and order it NOW!"

there will be no issues installing an updated os over the old one..

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007

Thread Information