View Poll Results:

0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Member Since
    Feb 01, 2007
    17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook
    Tiger now or wait for Leopard?
    OK, here's the score: I've convinced the IT guys at work to let me have a Mac (yay!) which pleases me no end as I already use an iMac at home. So, do I just get on and order my shiny new Mac now or do I wait a while longer until Leopard is released? I don't *need* the Mac yet but I certainly *want* it!!! As it's a work purchase, work would pay for an upgrade to Leopard but are there problems installing an updated OS over the old one?


  2. #2
    There shouldn't be any problems whatsoever for whenever you choose to upgrade to a new OS. I will be waiting for a while after Leopard comes out to upgrade simply because I believe the longer it's out on the shelf the more stable it becomse. I will probably wait a couple of months to upgrade.

    I would just get the Mac now. I had the chance of waiting for the C2D processors to come out, but I wanted my Mac asap so I settled for CD, seems just as good to me.

    EDIT: Reason I voted for waiting was because I didn't realize you haven't had a Mac yet, I know my vote goes against completely everything I posted. Just get the Mac and wait a few months after Leopard comes out to upgrade.

  3. #3

    KoDorSean's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 03, 2006
    Denver Colorado
    2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
    there is a good chance leopard will only be $129. I would rather have tiger now and upgrade than wait for a month or two and have nothing.

    my vote goes to "Stop procrastinating - get on to the Apple Store and order it NOW!"

    there will be no issues installing an updated os over the old one..

    I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wait for Leopard?
    By Stang68 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 03:50 PM
  2. Buy MB with Tiger now or wait until Leopard?
    By ART in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 05:58 PM
  3. Do we have to wait until 6pm to get Tiger?
    By donnation25 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 11:52 PM
  4. wait for tiger or not?
    By obobon in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts