New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Screen Savers?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hotskate

hotskate has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15 Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD

Anyone have any cool screen savers im getting tired of the regular ones my note book came with i want something MACish lol or one like the flurry one that comes on the macs
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

i have a great fireworks one that was freeware.

if no one else names it by the time i can get to my mac (tomorrow) and see what it is, i'll post the name.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

I use LotsaWater. It makes your screen appear to be in a puddle while its raining. Very cool effect.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
hotskate

thanks guys anymore the more the merrier
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

ooh, found it!

http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/savers.html
it's called skyrocket.

it says it requires a graphics card, but it runs ok on my macbook with some of the graphics turned down (like 5 or 6 rockets, some smoke and wind, little ambient light, and with no "earth" display, is what i use). should work great on the MBP though!

stretchr, i'll have to check that one out! sounds neat.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of

I get people asking my about it all the time when they see it. My windows using roommates are jealous because they can't find anything like it for their computers.

QUOTE Thanks
hotskate

eric im trying to download it but cant seem to find the file hmmm... And
stretch i like that water one very cool
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

Pong Clock

Plays a game of pong as a screen saver with the score representing the time. So the right "player" wins every minute and the left every hour. Very Geek Chic.
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

I used the old matrix code screen saver for the longest time but a couple of days ago I switched to a Gulfstream screen saver.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

hotskate, weird, i checked apple's sight since i'm pretty sure i found it there, and it just links back to the page i linked above. maybe they're down for maintenance?

i just clicked the link at the bottom of the page for "download skyrocket"
and it downloaded for me (5.69Mb). did you get that far at least?

hey stretch! the lotsa snow one looks pretty cool too!
http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/lotsablankers/lotsasnow.html

QUOTE Thanks
eric

stretch!

tried both the lotsawater and lotsasnow today!

both are awesome! thanks for the lead!

rep added / well deserved!

QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - iPhone

wow! that water one is crazy. i like the snow one too. the clock is in 24:hour though

I found this one that i like a lot too Dancing Spirals

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
and long ago converted most of her flesh into liquid.
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Thanks Eric. Every since I found Fluids screensaver - very similar to LotsaWater, that's all I've been using. But I found Fluids to be very resource heavy, and soon afterwards I found Lotsawater.

I figured I wouldn't be the only one to love it.

QUOTE Thanks
eric

funny, i was checking temps after running both of these for a minute or two. just to make sure i wasn't stressing the system too much when i wanted it to relax (skyrocket sometimes makes my fan run if settings are too high!)

on battery, with only safari, temperature monitor and finder running i'm around 120-125F. when i run lotsasnow barely affects my temp. lotsawater seems to raise my temp a little, to about 132-136. not bad, but that 3d effect certainly adds a little overhead. but it's kind of worth it!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "Hidden" feature of OS X: CUPS/Gutenprint | iMac G3 Won't boot after xpostfacto »