im having a problem
    when i select a few files to move or to delete i have problems. i can select them all but when i click on one to drag or to move it selects only that one file and deselects the rest. i dont know if this makes sense to anyone but its something thats driving me crazy. thanks for any help.

check your track pad preferences.

i have dragging clicked, i seem to have the problem in list view. any more suggestions, thanks.

twin cities, mn, usa
    is this with the trackpad or a mouse?

sometimes this happens to me while using the trackpad if i don't give it a second to 'register' the multi-selection. i usually have to wait about a second between selecting multiple files and then grabbing them and moving/copying them.

are you just going too fast perhaps?
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

This happens to me whenever I use Spotlight to fully remove an Application, I will hold Shift down and select the first and last item. Then when I click on one to drag them all, it only selects one. I just kind of gave up since it works fine on everything else but Spotlight.

its with the trackpad, and ill try the waiting a second thing. thanks for the responses.

Thread Information