New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Macbook - im having a problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nownot

nownot is on a distinguished road

when i select a few files to move or to delete i have problems. i can select them all but when i click on one to drag or to move it selects only that one file and deselects the rest. i dont know if this makes sense to anyone but its something thats driving me crazy. thanks for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

check your track pad preferences.
QUOTE Thanks
nownot

i have dragging clicked, i seem to have the problem in list view. any more suggestions, thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

is this with the trackpad or a mouse?

sometimes this happens to me while using the trackpad if i don't give it a second to 'register' the multi-selection. i usually have to wait about a second between selecting multiple files and then grabbing them and moving/copying them.

are you just going too fast perhaps?

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

This happens to me whenever I use Spotlight to fully remove an Application, I will hold Shift down and select the first and last item. Then when I click on one to drag them all, it only selects one. I just kind of gave up since it works fine on everything else but Spotlight.
QUOTE Thanks
nownot

its with the trackpad, and ill try the waiting a second thing. thanks for the responses.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pop art in photo booth does not work. | Sound Card help!! »