New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Context Menu

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Now, I'm used to context menus changing after installing programs. However, after installing Photoshop, I got a HUGE list of new options when I right-click on a picture and select "Open With". The problem is that I don't need 99% of them.

Now, I know how to get rid of them in Windows, but have no clue how to get rid of certain options in Mac OS X. Something simple please, I don't feel like using the Terminal unless I absolutely have to.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

Nobody knows the answer to this question? If I can't change this, I'm finally going to have an entry for the "Cons" list when comparing Mac OS X and Windows.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Macintosh HD>Library>Contextual Menus
YourUserName>Library>Contextual Menus

These are the two locations I know of where you might be able to remove the items bothering you. To be safe ... relocate them first and if there are no problems you can safely delete them.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

The first path was empty and the second one only has something called "Path Finder CM.plugin"
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

Take a look at this thread.

It seems that Adobe Creative Suite also places a ton of options in the contextual menu. Maybe you need to do a Spotlight search on one of those options to see if you can track down its location on your HD.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I searched for those on my hard drive out of curiosity after replying in the thread you link us to Pulse and never could find those Contextual Menu Items.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

They must be embedded in some data file ...

::me thunks::
QUOTE Thanks
Eusebius

Eusebius is on a distinguished road

Perhaps the following will be of use:

http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=52211
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS 10.4.8 update won't boot.. help! | All Vetrans of the Mac, Let's get down to it! »