New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - How do I unlock a burn folder?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

comptechjunkie

comptechjunkie is on a distinguished road

This is for OS 10.4, I accidentally put 10.5.

I was burning a file from a burn folder the other day and I decided to cancel the burning. That was no problem. Well now I have a burn folder on my desktop and it wont let me erase it. I have tried moving it to the trash, but it says it wont let me because the folder is locked. If I try to delete the file in the folder it will ask me my password for the computer, and I type it in, but then it will say that I do not have the priveledges to do so. What should I do? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Have you tried remove it after a restart. It is probably mounted by the burning software.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

good tip novicew.

and welcome to the forums - comptechjunkie
QUOTE Thanks
comptechjunkie

comptechjunkie is on a distinguished road

Still doesn't work, any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

It seems cancelling the burn process does this. Here is a thread all about this over at MacOSXHints but you will have to use Terminal to get out of this one.

Which version of Tiger are you using? That article was for earlier Tiger versions (10.4.2 and the like) and am just wondering if the latest version wouldn't have fixed this issue... If you are not using the latest Tiger version, it might be best to update.
QUOTE Thanks
jrod81

jrod81 is on a distinguished road

okay guys i have 10.4.11 and this happened to me this morning. if you control click on the icon that is on your desktop and then choose "get info" there is a box that you can uncheck that says "locked" and then you will be able to drag it to you trash.
it worked for me anyway...
QUOTE Thanks
AtariBaby

AtariBaby is on a distinguished road

Sorry to resurrect: I just wanted to add that my "lock" checkbox was grayed out. I fixed it by going to Apple symbol top left of screen, force quit, relaunch finder.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBaby View Post
Sorry to resurrect: I just wanted to add that my "lock" checkbox was grayed out. I fixed it by going to Apple symbol top left of screen, force quit, relaunch finder.
Thanks for popping in and posting your fix AtariBaby.
Im sure it will become beneficial for someone out there in the future and be sure to return.

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Having issues with .ttf files, help! | Kernal Panic questions. »