How to completly delete something fully?
    Hey guys,
    I have a question. I want to know how to completly delete something. For example. I downloaded the trial for Shake 4.1. Now, I decided against Shake and I deleted the application 'Shake." Although when I still use spotlight, and type in 'shake' I still get results for the program. Is there anyway that I can complelty delete shake and all the files that came along with it? Thanks!

Tim Geary

Quote Originally Posted by irishsti View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have a question. I want to know how to completly delete something. For example. I downloaded the trial for Shake 4.1. Now, I decided against Shake and I deleted the application 'Shake." Although when I still use spotlight, and type in 'shake' I still get results for the program. Is there anyway that I can complelty delete shake and all the files that came along with it? Thanks!

Tim Geary
    G'day irishsti & a belated welcome to Mac-Forums,

The method I use is to fire up spotlight and do a search (as you mentioned above) for the app. I ask Spotlight to Display all the entries and I select them one by one and ctrl/right-click on each and select "Reveal in Finder" from the menu.

I then just delete them and through this process of elimination the app and all files connected are trashed from my system.

There is also some 3rd Party software for the job as well. The main one that springs to mind is AppZapper (click link). I did trial this and while it's fun to use I decided that I could just as easily trash apps using Spotlight.

Pulse,
    Thanks for the welcome and very fast response to my question. I will try what you suggested right now. Thank you again!

-Tim

I search and then send them to the trash. Once In the trash I do a secure trash delete.

Thread Information