New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Need NEW YORK 18 Font

Thread Closed

WannaMac

WannaMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 1.5G RAM

I'm trying to run a game my son just got called "Oregon Trail" it says it needs "New York 18" font. I don't have an older mac and can't find it for download anywhere... Can anybody point me in the right direction or post it so I can download it...

Thanks!
SandraC

SandraC is on a distinguished road

I am interested in this font so that our fourth grade students can use Oregon Trail. When I click onto the link, it tells me that I can't access it. I joined the forum. How can I get this font?
aheredia

aheredia is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,
I was looking for the exact same font for the same reason. OREGON TRAIL!!! Anyway, I am not able to access the file either. the message I get is:

aheredia, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Any suggestions, would appreciate your help.
jmomo

jmomo is on a distinguished road

I bought a game for my daughter called Oregon Trail but it won't run without a font called New York 18. My system doesn't have it. I found a posting here from '05 with it but whenever I clicked on the file it wouldn't let me access it. Can anyone tell me how to get this font?

Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums.

This topic has already been discussed here: Need NEW YORK 18 Font
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Need NEW YORK 18 Font

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

barbie

barbie is on a distinguished road

Yes, I am another one of those who has the Oregon Trail game and I do not have the New York 18 font. And yes, I already saw the other threads about this, but I couldn't click on the attatchment for the font. For some reason, NONE of the font download sites have New York-it's all New Yorker and other styles. If someone has or knows how I can get this font, please message me or post what you know! Thank you.
SarahBelly

SarahBelly is on a distinguished road

I'm another annoying Oregon Trail person.... I'm trying to install it on my computer but it won't let me play it because I don't have New York 18 font. Now I realize there are probably other threads on this the only other thread wouldn't let me access the font. Could someone please help me?
ktdotrose

ktdotrose is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: .

Yeah. I need this font. I'm trying to play Oregon Trail and it says I can't play because I dont have this font installed. I can't find it anywhere. Someone posted it at as a zip file in another forum, but it won't let me download it.

Help!
capsey

capsey is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to run a game called "Oregon Trail" but it says it needs "New York 18" font. I have looked everywhere for it and can't find it anywhere. Can anybody point me in the right direction or post it so I can download it.

Thanks!
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/apple/new-york/

It isn't a free font (its copyrighted by Apple). Apple fonts are only available in Macintosh TrueType format; they are not distributed in Windows font formats. Apple fonts can only be obtained by purchasing the Macintosh operating system.
New York 18 was only included with OS 9 and not OS X.

MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

heartbreakphils

heartbreakphils is on a distinguished road

Hi, new member here.

I just bought Oregon Trail for Mac and it's demanding that I have New York 18 font. Where can I get this??

I don't know what OS is
D3v1L80Y

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90432

MacHeadCase

I think a forum search must have told you that that Apple owns the copyright on it. You go to eBay and buy OS 9 and get the font from there.

Thread Closed

« Tiger upgrade to Leopard | Help!!! Leopard will not boot. »