New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Window background colors out of control

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Tried doing a search and found no answer ...

I have a folder on my desktop; I went to View Options and changed the background color to light blue ("sky") and made sure "This window only" was checked. The window background color changes correctly.

If I close the folder window and re-open it, the color has changed to light purple ("lavender"). I change it back to light blue, the folder background changes, but as soon as the window is closed and opened again it's light purple again.

Funniest of all, if I instead change the color to DARK blue, when I close and re-open the folder the background is now DARK purple.

That was using the Crayola box for colors.

So next I tried using the eyedropper. I eye-dropped the window while it was open and set to the color I wanted. Closed the window, opened it again ... and now it's GREEN!

Went back to Crayola box ... if I pick "salmon" (pink) the window re-opens as "flora" (green)!

For some very bizarre reason, lemon yellow stays lemon yellow.

Setting it to white instead of colored works; setting it to an image instead of a color works. Setting it to a color (except, apparently, lemon yellow) means a random switch to another color.

WTF?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Well I'll be *******! Just tried it and my red changed to green ...and my purple changed to black!
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

My God ... I've discovered ... The First OS X Virus!ColorKiller!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
My God ... I've discovered ... The First OS X Virus!ColorKiller!
ROTFL
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Ooops , why isn't it all over the media by now... maybe they're paying more attention to the brawl between Bill Gates, HRH Steveness and that sweaty Balmer dude...
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Very plausible, Pulse. Very plausible, my man.
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |

I really hate to dig up this *ancient* thread, but I'm bustin' with curiosity. Did you ever figure out/fix this color thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - iPhone

haha wow that is silly.

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
and long ago converted most of her flesh into liquid.
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
Specialk51288

Specialk51288 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro | 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo | 3 GB RAM | 160 GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKitten View Post
I really hate to dig up this *ancient* thread, but I'm bustin' with curiosity. Did you ever figure out/fix this color thing?
yea, did anyone ever figure this out?...its been bothering me for a while...i have all my windows changed to a single color and they are all sorted by kind, but i have one folder that i would like to keep the same color and sort by name. Evertime I set it to "this window only", it sorts by name, but the color changes to green....now i have an ugly green folder....

Life is a game, whoever has the most money at the end wins.
QUOTE Thanks
iKitten

iKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really niceiKitten is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |

Are you laughing at my revival of the thread, ambivalent, or at the color problem described? :black:
Since I'm considering purchasing a MBP, and there was no conclusion posted here, I'd like to know more! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
Girls with macs are so cute.
"Suffer the little children..." compassion.com
QUOTE Thanks
elizabeth229

elizabeth229 is on a distinguished road

over a year later--has anyone figured it out? i've been wondering...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sorry! Total newb question: internet connect reminder | Urgent »