New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - language packs gone, help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JonnyMac

JonnyMac is on a distinguished road

i deleted the langauges packs using minolingual (think thtas what its called).

I left English intact, but deleted english US. now mac office 2004 (student edition) fails to load. i've tried to reinstall but the setup assistant will not load either.

Any ideas? possible to just re-install the language pack? Im at home and don't have access to the os x discs untill friday.

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Pacifist lets you select from the install disks the package(s) you want to install.
QUOTE Thanks
JonnyMac

Cheers. So i actually need the os discs handy? and do you know if this will resolve the issue?

Xtorrent - it has now stopped searching.

I've made quite a few changes today, firefox gone, using safari now, and deleted language packs. not sure if it s just a coinscidence?
QUOTE Thanks
JonnyMac

Does anyone know of any free alternatives to pacifist? and is there anywhere that has the language files seperate for download?
QUOTE Thanks
JonnyMac

after hours of searching i've found the answer to my own question.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=250021

the program also deletes vital parts of the system architecture. I deleted all but intel, so any old programs, such as office which can run on powermacs were unable to run.

I need to do a clean install.

Hope this thread may help others.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Whoah! Little did I know. That's tough, JonnyMac. Thanks for letting others know about this.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

for reference - anyone who's searching for this sort of thing.

you may want to use delocalizer instead.
QUOTE Thanks
JonnyMac

For reference to others, do not remove any architecture. The lads at monolingual have left the default setting to remove everythin but intel. this is BAD, as i have found out.

Don't even use proograms like this, your removing languages, which saved me 800mb (removed everything but english, even us english went) which included architecture.

Is it really worth the hassle? (i know the answer).
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

with delocalizer i saved about 2.8 Gb and have had no problems.
i left english (us and uk) and spanish.

try not to scare people away from tools that actually do work, but make sure you know what you're doing before you use something like this. a good search through these forums would have turned up almost this exact same problem from a month or so ago...
QUOTE Thanks
JonnyMac

i did try searching, supose im not so good at it. Hopefully on my reformat i can take out all the programs and languages i dont want to use, save using the programs to do it after isntall.

cheers all.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IP printing on Mac OS 10.4 | Two very wierd Problems »