New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Wrong date warning at startup

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Idofotos

Idofotos is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 1.25 mirror front

I have G4 with dual 1.25 processors about 4-5 yrs old I believe, just recently when I start it a box pops up that says the date is set incorrectly and it may cause problems, sorry I dont remember the exact wording, but I check the date a ttime and its correct. is this possably a trojan horse? If I need to I will write the exact phrase down when it does it again, seems to do it pretty regularly, the computer seems to bebehaving pretty good other than that
thanks for looking and hope some one can figure it out
thanks
Dennis
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Hmm. Sounds like a dead PRAM battery from the old, old, old days in old Macs (pre-OS X). Do these PowerMacs still use PRAM batteries nowadays?

Yep, they do! Power Mac G4/1.25 GHz (June 2003):
Quote:
battery: 3.6V lithium
Here you go if you want to install it yourself: 3.6V NewerTech Lithium 1/2 AA PRAM battery.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

DOH! Forgot to link you to the manual... Look in the Power Mac G4 section here and choose your model, according to the stats I linked you to in my post above. You should get instructions on where to find the PRAM battery in there.
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
is this possably a trojan horse?
Macs don't get trojan horses :-)
QUOTE Thanks
Idofotos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
DOH! Forgot to link you to the manual... Look in the Power Mac G4 section here and choose your model, according to the stats I linked you to in my post above. You should get instructions on where to find the PRAM battery in there.
Thanks for all of the answers and links, I ordered 2 batteries today, I have a similar mac at home so I will replace both or keep it till the other one goes dead. My local Mac dealer wanted 19.95 each for the batterys, good thing I didnt go there first

Well Thanks again
Dennis
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Good thing indeed.

No problem. Glad I could help.
QUOTE Thanks
Idofotos

PRam it was ordered 2 and put one in very easy, thanks so much for the help
QUOTE Thanks