New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Photo booth not working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JonC

JonC is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20"

Hi,

I've got an iMac 20" with Photo Booth and when I try and start it I get an error message saying that the camera is in use by another app and I must close that first.

However, I don't have any other apps open so there's obviously a conflict somewhere.

Where can I look to see what resources use the Photo Booth camera so I can edit them out ?

Thanks for the help and sorry if this is a silly question.

KRs

Jon
QUOTE Thanks
JonC

JonC is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20"

Anybody got any idea on this one ? I still can't get Photo Booth to work and I've tried uninstalling loads of software.

Is there a way to check what programs are running in the background so I can figure out where the conflict is ?

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

not sure about your actual issue, but to see what's running you can go to the apple manu and select force quit. this should bring up a window of apps that are running. i believe there's another way with a tool in applications/utilities, but i don't have access to my mac right now.

there's probably a good way to do this in terminal too, but i don't have that kind of experience.

a side note: is the isight light on before or during the time you try to start photobooth?
is it the built in kind?
QUOTE Thanks
mphmusic

mphmusic is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac G5 1.9 PPC 17'

I have a very similar issue. I have a iMac G5 1.9 with MAc chip. Isight included. How do I get Photo Booth or will it not work on that machine. Do I need the INtel Dual Core? Have os 10.4.9 and ilife 06. Thanks folks
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Try resetting the PRAM.

Also, I came upon two Apple Knowledge Base articles, these might help: iSight "Your camera is in use by another application" message and iSight, Mac OS X 10.4.8: Camera "in use by another application" alert when running Classic.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

You could also re-boot your Mac to start with
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lost color profile! | A Few Simple Questions »