New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - OSX Time Display

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Axanar

Hi Guys,

I just got my MBP a bit ago and am loving it so far. However, I am noticing one weird behavior that I am not sure why it is happening. When I boot up OSX, the time displayed is always incorrect, like 6 hours behind or something. However, when I "Open Date and Time" to get to the settings, it sets itself to the correct time.

Do I have a setting not set correctly?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axanar View Post
Hi Guys,

I just got my MBP a bit ago and am loving it so far. However, I am noticing one weird behavior that I am not sure why it is happening. When I boot up OSX, the time displayed is always incorrect, like 6 hours behind or something. However, when I "Open Date and Time" to get to the settings, it sets itself to the correct time.

Do I have a setting not set correctly?

Thanks!
do you have the "auto update" box checked when you are in the "date and time" under system preferences?

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Axanar

Yep, I do.
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

How do I get the day, date and year to display in the menu bar...?

i.e., Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Right now all I get is Wed 5:08 PM

I've been messing around with the sys prefs for 15 minuets.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBones View Post
How do I get the day, date and year to display in the menu bar...?

i.e., Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Right now all I get is Wed 5:08 PM

I've been messing around with the sys prefs for 15 minuets.

The Date on a MacOSX

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

You may also wish to consider iClock, which I stumbled upon when I was looking for an answer to this very problem. See http://www.scriptsoftware.com/iclock/iclockmac.php

iClock is a wonderful app. It not only lets you set up what you are asking for, but also lets you set the font and color of what is displayed. It will also display floating international clocks, has a calendar, a calculator, a task switcher... just about does everything but make you coffee.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac57 View Post
You may also wish to consider iClock, which I stumbled upon when I was looking for an answer to this very problem. See http://www.scriptsoftware.com/iclock/iclockmac.php

iClock is a wonderful app. It not only lets you set up what you are asking for, but also lets you set the font and color of what is displayed. It will also display floating international clocks, has a calendar, a calculator, a task switcher... just about does everything but make you coffee.
As usual mac57 you have the answer. iClock seems to be what I need. thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

possibly sounds like your timezone is incorrect to me.

constantly 6hr difference was the indication

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I find previous Keychain? | Please please help! Connecting to Windows 2003 share »