New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Tiger "archive & install" questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Morgan19

Morgan19 is on a distinguished road

(Yes, I checked out the stickied "archive & install FAQ" and didn't have much luck there.)

I'm currently running 10.3.9 on a G5 and am going to install Tiger in the next couple of days, but have a few questions first. I understand there's an "archive & install" option, but I'm curious as to what that actually archives. In other words, after I archive my current system and install Tiger, will I just be able to go into the Mac HD somewhere and pull the files I want back into their "regular" spots? I'm thinking along the lines of applications currently in Applications, a folder I have on my desktop for website files, etc. Will those be accessible and movable after the install?

Thanks!
m19
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Ive never actually installed a new OS on a mac before but I think it takes all of your files and puts them in a folder called "previous system." You can then go in there and get your stuff, but I would wait until somebody that has done this says what it does before you install the OS.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Virex 7.2 Issue | Insane Kernel Panics on friends PowerBook »