Uninstalling/Reinstalling Java

Specs:
    12" iBook; G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; 30 gig; Combo Drive; Radeon 9200
    I wanted to Uninstall and Reinstall Java today, but am having a little trouble. I believe I removed ALL Java files from MacHD. I did this by searching for java in Spotlight and deleted all of the java folders etc. I then tried to reinstall java, but the installer is still telling me that I have java already installed :blind:. Not sure what to do from here. I did a search, but to no avail. Please, if you can help me asap that would be kick ***! Thanks again!

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    Also search for JRE and JAR with spotlight, but it will probably come up with many things that have nothing to do with Java.

Specs:
    MacBook
    You haven't really uninstalled Java. Each Mac OS X system contains a built-in Java (version 1.3.1 or later). This built-in Java is also called MRJ 3.x.
    It is also important to note this advice from Apple:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    3: Can I remove a Java update after I have installed it?
    It is important to note that the current release system only includes the most recent release of each supported major version — 1.3, 1.4, and 5.0 on Tiger;— on a single system. In other words, you can not roll a Mac OS X Panther system back to Java 1.4.1 after installing 1.4.2 — the only way to do so is to reinstall the entire system.
    Out of curiosity... why did you feel the need to uninstall it in the first place?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
    You haven't really uninstalled Java. Each Mac OS X system contains a built-in Java (version 1.3.1 or later). This built-in Java is also called MRJ 3.x.
    It is also important to note this advice from Apple:

Out of curiosity... why did you feel the need to uninstall it in the first place?

That's interesting. I have an issue with Java - I use to to connect to my work PC (remote control). On OS X 10.2.8 on my old G3 it was fine on Firefox. On my new Mac (10.4.8) Firefox won't connect, but Safari will. I wonder if this is because Firefox is trying to use Java 1.4.1 and it isn't there? Whereas Safari knows to use the later version?

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
    That's interesting. I have an issue with Java - I use to to connect to my work PC (remote control). On OS X 10.2.8 on my old G3 it was fine on Firefox. On my new Mac (10.4.8) Firefox won't connect, but Safari will. I wonder if this is because Firefox is trying to use Java 1.4.1 and it isn't there? Whereas Safari knows to use the later version?
    This might help:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    4: What J2SE version do Java applets run under inside a browser?
    Apple’s Safari browser can be configured to run Java applets in either J2SE 1.4 or 5.0 on Tiger systems using the Java Preferences application located at /Applications/Utilities/Java/J2SE 5.0/Java Preferences.app. Safari only supports J2SE 1.4 on Mac OS X 10.2 and 10.3. Other browsers developed to specifically use 1.3.1 will need to be updated to use a newer Java runtime. If you would like to see your favorite browser use J2SE 1.4 or 5.0 on Mac OS X, please contact the vendor and ask them to work with Apple to adopt a newer J2SE version.
    That is from the same page as the previous quote I referenced.
    The full link is here:

http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    I have absolutly no more java or java related files on my mac ... If I understand you guys correctly, there is NO way to remove Java? I'm not sure that I understand because if the app files and assoicated files are removed from the system then now is it not uninstalled?

Specs:
    Well...I was able to resolve my issue ... I just re-installed os x lol Guess I learned my lesson with java and os x

Thread Information