New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Black Outline around clickable areas

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Po:Po

How do I get rid of a black stroke outline that appears around clickable areas? This happend in the finder, all applications, everything. It doesn't interfere with programs but leaves a trail of everything I've clicked on. When I click on something new, the old black stroke disappears and a new one appears. I've attached a screen shot of the problem. I've ran disk utility and that hasn't worked. any suggestions please??
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (316.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: png Picture 2.png (22.7 KB, 16 views)
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

command + f5

Outline around fields and controls
wierd black box
QUOTE Thanks
Shark Trager

Shark Trager will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

I'm not sure what I've done but black rectangular boxes keep appearing anywhere I click my cursor.

anyone know what they are or how to stop them?

Thanks

Shark
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Oh man... I just know someone posted about this a few weeks ago but can't find it! Think it had something to do with a cat walking across a keyboard and getting something to kick in. Universal Access or I dunno... Gah!
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

Its Voiceover. Hit command f5

See also:
black box problem
weird black box

Ridiculous- adjective: deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd. ex. It is ridiculous how many people think the word ridiculous is spelled with an 'e'.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Whooh! Thanks for bailing me out Michael!
QUOTE Thanks
Shark Trager

Shark Trager will become famous soon enough

Thanks so much.

that was weird.
QUOTE Thanks
vorhees

vorhees is on a distinguished road

Hi

I've been using a mac now for a couple of weeks after years on a pc, wondering if anybody could help me out with a problem I've got today...

I've developed a black box that is highlighting items on my desktop (if I click on anything on my desktop I get a blod black box outline around it). That doesn't overly bother me but it's also happening in Safari. Everytime I click on a box to type it has this same bold black outline in it. Again the box itself doesn't initially bother me but if you then scroll down the screen the box becomes static the scrolling happens underneath it.

I presume I got it there by mistakingly hitting a few keys but I've spent the last hour trying to find a way to turn it off but I'm coming up blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks to all.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, vorhees!

This has already been discussed in Mac-Forums in a few threads, one of them being this one. By your description, this sounds like what you are experiencing at the moment.

Let us know if that fixes it! :girl:
QUOTE Thanks
vorhees

vorhees is on a distinguished road

Awesome, problem fixed Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Excellent! Glad it is fixed! Enjoy your Mac! :girl:
QUOTE Thanks
frucyjuit

frucyjuit is on a distinguished road

Somehow, my Mac got switched to a setting that narrates everything I do in a robotic voice. Right now, it is reading out every letter I type. It tells me when "ichat needs attention", and when I open a web page it reads out the address. This is making me go absolutely nuts as I can't figure out what I might have done. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, there is a strange black box that is always surrounding something on my computer. On the desktop, a random icon will be selected. Right now, it is around the "back" button. Perhaps this has something to do with it

Thanks a lot
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, frucyjuit. You probably have switched on the Universal Access, in the System Preferences.

Just do the key combo ⌘ + F5 and that ought to shut it down.
QUOTE Thanks
frucyjuit

frucyjuit is on a distinguished road

wow, what an easy fix. Thanks a lot!
QUOTE Thanks
Screwball6986

Screwball6986 is on a distinguished road

you have 10.5 i want it too

1.5 ghz 15" Powerbook G4 10.4 Tiger
MacBook White 2.0Ghz C2D 1Gig 10.4 Tiger
MacMini 1.25Ghz G4 1GB 40GB
QUOTE Thanks