New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - eyetv 200 question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NewtoMac

NewtoMac is on a distinguished road

I hope this is the right forum for this - but I was using my eyetv last night and I was told that there was an upgrade to download - so I did - same as I always do - it downloads the .dmg file - you double click it - it opens a window with the eyetv icon, my applications folder icon, and a folder with documentation in it (which is just the new features/fixes in the patch). The directions stated to move the eyetv icon to the applications folder - which I did and I also moved the documentation folder. The download worked fine and I replaced my existing version like it asked me if that's what I wanted to do. So, I start up eyetv and everything is going fine - looks great but I went to use the offline help and it's no longer there. The user guide is blank. I was able to get the guide off of elgato's website and I opened it with my acrobat reader - but I like the offline help more. There's a "Users Guide" and a "Frequently asked questions" section when you go the help menu - and none of them work - when you click them they are empty. Did I somehow delete the manuels? Should I uninstall the software and then install it again? I'd rather not - but I don't know what to do to get it back - I even downloaded the update again thinking I forgot something....

Any help would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tiger install problem..no choice of install location ? | Do I have some malware??? »