New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - application probs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kfc07

kfc07 is on a distinguished road

I have 2 users for possible login on the mac, user 1 has the ability to use some software that user 2 does not.

I would like user 2 to have the same applications as user 1, but as it stands this is not the case, particularly in some burning software where user 1 downloaded the full version some time ago, we are unable to find the key for it, and user 2 cannot access the full version for some reason??

This means user 2 has to log on as user 1 to write a disc and log off again to access his own desktop.

Any ideas how to amend this?

thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Have you got Parental Controls switched on, if so I would look into that and see what Applications they can use.

Alternatively did you restrict the installation of any software to a particular user, so instead of installing it for all users you just installed it for yourself. I know some Install Packages have this especially on WinXp but I'm not 100% if it's the same on OSX

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
thebowman

thebowman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2GB Ram OS X 10.5 Windows XP SP2, iMac 512MB Ram OS X10.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG D 04 View Post
Have you got Parental Controls switched on, if so I would look into that and see what Applications they can use.

Alternatively did you restrict the installation of any software to a particular user, so instead of installing it for all users you just installed it for yourself. I know some Install Packages have this especially on WinXp but I'm not 100% if it's the same on OSX
I have same problem as a new mac owner. Parental control is not on. I have downloaded several new apps and they are only avilable to me. How can I give access to other users?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I accidentally deleted my desktop folder. | How can I mass alphabetize my files? »