Pamich
    Removing partitions
    I partitioned my harddrive so I could triple boot OS X, XP and linux, but I don't use them enough to warrent the space. In Terminal, I typed in:

sudo diskutil resizeVolume disk0s2 50G "Linux" Linux 10G "MS-DOS FAT32" Windows 10G

As I was following instructions and have no real idea what I was doing, how do I delete the linux and windows partitions so the entire disk is OS X nondestructively?

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I don't believe there is a non destructive way to do this. Hopefully someone will come along with a solution you are looking for.

As for now the only way I know is to boot from your install media, repartition and then install the operating system. you would have to make a back up of all of your personal data. Since you can not do an archive and install.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Pamich
    To be sure I don't screw up, how exactly would I go about doing that? All the options that appear to be right in Disk Utility are greyed out.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamich
    To be sure I don't screw up, how exactly would I go about doing that? All the options that appear to be right in Disk Utility are greyed out.
    You need to run Disk Utility from your startup/install/restore discs. You cannot partition a drive that contains the running, startup system folder.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information